As the Georgian era developed, landowners started to build town houses in London, which featured smaller fireplaces.
The addition of a cast front to decrease or improve the fireplace opening became a typical feature, initially with a fire basket in a brick opening.
Taking inspiration from period originals, Stovax has produced three masterpieces of casting to exemplify the London style.
Four designs are available:
- Belgravia: Featuring parallel cast mouldings to frame the fireplace opening.
- Berkeley: Incorporating a gentle arched opening.
- Burlington: Adds the decorative disc motif to the Belgravia design.
- Chelsea: A plain and simple flat panel design.
All designs come Matt Black or Polished, and can be supplied with or without a 16" or 22" insert panel. These panels make the front suitable for combining with many gas fires or gas baskets in the Gazco range.
- Overall Dimensions (W x H): 1016 x 1016mm
- Opening Dimensions (W x H): 660 x 749mm*
* Opening can be reduced to (W x H) 405 x 560mm or 560 x 560mm with the addition of an insert panel.