Purchaser / Stock Controller
Good salary + range of benefits including healthcare scheme and free parking
Ivett and Reed is a family-run stonemasonry business located just outside the centre of Cambridge. Established since 1896, we specialise in creating bespoke stone products - from skilfully carved fireplaces to beautiful granite kitchen worktops. In fact our reputation for providing high-end memorial and architectural masonry is second to none in the region.
This is a key, full time office based position combined with daily duties in a warehouse environment. You will possess previous experience of stock control and purchasing procedures as you will be responsible for monitoring of stock levels and dealing with our supplier base, including placing orders, chasing progress and resolving problems.
Essential qualities include:
- Good proven IT skills, particularly Excel and database environments
- Effective communication skills - written, face-to-face and over the telephone
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy including the ability to interpret customers’ requirements and source products accordingly
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to quickly develop a technical understanding of our products
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- A strong team player
- Physically fit - some lifting duties required
This is the chance to join a friendly, established organisation offering an elite range of products. If you believe you possess the skills we seek, we look forward to receiving your application. Please apply by sending a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com.
No agencies please.