- Date: July 2012
- Location: Wilburton
- Product: Stovax Riva Studio 1 woodburning cassette stove with Midnight Black Profil Frame
Our client had a traditional brick arched fireplace with freestanding stove, which they wished to update to something more contemporary.
Having visited our showroom, they chose the Stovax Riva Studio 1 with Midnight Black Profil Frame.
Expertly designed, the Riva Studio's clean, contemporary lines complement modern interiors and incorporate Stovax's technically advanced cleanburn combustion systems, which provide outstanding flame pictures and superior heating efficiencies, powerful airwash systems to help keep the window clean and the facility for practical options such as fan-assisted convection and multi-space heating.
This complete installation was carried out by Ivett & Reed using our own HETAS Registered Installers, and involved the following:
- Removal of existing brick fireplace and freestanding stove (pictured below)
- Reducing the depth of the chimney breast to suit the shallower cassette style stove
- Relining the chimney using 904 grade flexible multi-fuel liner
- Positioning the cassette stove and connecting to the chimney liner
- Finishing the remodelled chimney breast using specialist heat resistant board
- Fitting a polished black granite hearth, cut to size in our own workshops
The finished installation totally transformed the client's living space, with the old brick fireplace and imposing deep recessed opening replaced by a sleek and stylish cassette style stove.
By using our specialist heat resistant board on the face of the chimney breast, our client was able to achieve a decorated finish to the edge of the appliance, which is highly desirable in contemporary installations. Due to the high efficiency achieved by modern glass fronted fires, the heat transferred up the wall would crack a regular plastered finish, so it is essential that specialist materials are used.